The heli is done, got the last ajustment done with the eletronics and it is now ready to fly. I had some problems fitting the govenor sensor and the caberator with the pump on the OS 91HZ-R engien, i move the sensor to the other site, i hope the muffler don’t get too hot and burn the wire.
Other the that i was a fairly easy assembly, 3 night is in my world fast :)
Now i am ready for the test fligt, it is starting to snow here :( keep a look out for a complete review on http://rcheli.dk
Back on second day of the build, I forget to mention on little thing there is a different from the normal Frenzy you can set it up as a flybarless (FBL) out of the box, you just need all the electronics.
Back to the build, the tail and the servos are mounted and now I just need to setup the governor and gyro and the RX/TX.
I did notice one think do, a torque tube is very easy to mount compared to the belt driven, not a big problem but then again, and it is nice when it is easy.
The only think I had to do extra today was drill the tail like with the first version, read about it here
Some status pictures:
When mounting the tail link it is a good thing to adjust the length for link so the link arms are at a 90 degrees angle that way you are almost sure that the helicopters tail is correct adjusted, and not pirouetting.
I got some other new stuff to, i will write about: Team Orion VDS 1007 servo, use them for my cyclic and a new OS 91HZ-R engine i can’t wait to smack that engine around. :)
I just started on building the new JS Frenzy 90 TT Torque Tube (TZ V2 TT), unbelievable long name :) from now on it is just going to be called JS Frenzy 90 Torque Tube.
This is the status after one night of build, read on to see some of the findings I have made after the first day.
The overall impression is good the new TT is almost like the old Frenzy, except the tail of course. The model comes half pre assembled that is a good thing, that way you know everything is in the box because it is assembled, but you still need to perform some work.
I have taken a chance on this model, I am not going to check all screws if there are glued with locktit, I have checked some and they seem like they are all well bolted, I am going the see if that is a problem after the first couple of flights.
Some of the things I have found not to be optimal for the Frenzy TT version:
The bottom plate two of the holes was not aligned correct a little Dremel and that was solved.
The main shaft lock ring was difficult to fit on the main shaft.
I just got a sweet deal on the new and improved Frenzy 90, called the Frenzy 90 TT Torque Tube (TZ V2 TT), keep your eyes open for a review of this model the next couple of days.
But first here is a quick post inspection of the “old” JS Frenzy 90 (TZ V2).
I have sold the Frenzy 90 and in the process I had to disassembly some of the model, a great opportunity to inspect for possible wear and tear. Here are my findings. This is a inspection after a yeas flight.
No slope, or very little
Still felt like a stabile machine in flight
No unwanted wear on any parts of the helicopter
Tail belt needs to be changed
Maybe some of the links should consider changing
Conclusion of the JS Frenzy 90
Considering that this model is extremely cheap and looking at the state of the machine after a years flight I am very impressed, compared to the more expensive model there are nothing out of the ordinary with the Frenzy 90. And that is a big plus. My overall impression has been good flight and I was really happy with this model.
Check out some goodbye pictures of the old JS Frenzy 90
And some hello pictures of the new JS Frenzy 90 TT Torque Tube, more will come the next couple of days.